Author Topic: My male cat doesn't mate  (Read 99 times)

Offline poncikcats

• Hi, I'm new here!
  • About me: Prospective owner
My male cat doesn't mate
« on: July 07, 2019, 02:50:59 am »
Our male ragdoll, Leo, is close to 1 years old and started peeing everywhere. I thought he would soon start to try to mate but no. My queen, Lucy, keeps going into heat but Leo doesn't seem to be interested in her. What is weird is he pees more when Lucy is in heat but stops or rarely pees when she's not in heat. It's like he wants to mate but doesn't know what to do so he doesn't initiate to do anything but pee. They love each other as in they play and groom each other so there isn't any negativity between them. Any idea when he might start trying or is there a way to "encourage" him?

Also, any tip on the peeing situation? Is there a way to reduce it without spaying? There is a bottle of feliway always running and there is no stress for Leo, so im interested in any tips you may have.

Currently we minimize the "damage" from the pee lakes by keeping them from entering any room when we aren't keeping an eye on them since there are not many furniture to get damaged in the hallway and the floor is tiled so its easier to clean.

Here are the photos of them if you are interested: https://www.instagram.com/poncik_cattery/  :D
  • Lucy and Leo

Offline Rebecca

• Global Moderator
  • Every day is a new start
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
Re: My male cat doesn't mate
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:17:57 pm »
Do you have a mentor - like the breeder you got your Ragdolls from.  Most of us are not breeders here but raggie owners.
I would suggest you try to find a reputable breeder that can mentor you.
  • Freyr, Freya, Rune, MonAmi, and Blaise

Ragdoll Cats United!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:17:57 pm »
Your Ad Here

Offline Desi

• Global Moderator
  • tired lol
    • RagdollsUnited.com
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 12:11:58 am »
Do you have a mentor - like the breeder you got your Ragdolls from.  Most of us are not breeders here but raggie owners.
I would suggest you try to find a reputable breeder that can mentor you.

I agree with Rebecca.  Attend some cat shows, find a mentor.  Typically purebred breeding cats are not sold to people who don't have mentors and/or are not otherwise involved in cat fancy.
  • Desmond the Ragdoll, Duma the Savannah, and Baby Bobbie Dylan child of the mean streets, poetess and occasional musician.

Tags: