Author Topic: RadCat officially closes its doors...sad day  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Desi

• Global Moderator
  • tired lol
    • RagdollCatsUnited.com
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
RadCat officially closes its doors...sad day
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:13:52 pm »
News from RadCat:  http://www.radfood.com/blog/the_rad_cat_fda_experience.en

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/rad-cat-didnt-die-it-was-murdered/

With great sadness, Rad Cat Pet Food announced yesterday they will be closing their doors. Their business was murdered by FDA and multiple State Department of Agriculture offices.

<snip>

I encourage all pet owners – regardless to whether you feed raw pet food or not – to demand equal enforcement of law. If we don’t take action, they will continue their destruction of real pet foods.

Please write your State Department of Agriculture (you can find your state representative email address here: https://www.aafco.org/Regulatory) and write FDA (AskCVM@fda.hhs.gov) and clearly express to them you expect equal enforcement of all pet food laws for all styles of pet food. And example email for you is below.

I want to make you aware of a situation that is evidence to destructive selective enforcement and lack of enforcement of law in pet food.

Pet owners just lost an option of a quality pet food due to sloppy and outright illegal actions by multiple regulatory authorities. Rad Cat pet food was bullied and battered so extensively by multiple regulatory authorities, the company just announced they will no longer be providing consumers a quality pet food.

Clear evidence shows – FDA, Ohio Department of Agriculture and Colorado Department of Agriculture systematically destroyed Rad Cat pet food through violations of sampling procedure. Split samples are not provided, frozen samples are transported without protection of a cooler, frozen samples were received in the lab thawed. Evidence shows that the pet food company testing of the pet food proved negative, and further – independent testing by a pet owner proved the pet food tested negative for any pathogenic bacteria.

But FDA, Ohio Department of Agriculture and Colorado Department of Agriculture ignored all proper procedure and continued their bullying. An FDA official stated to this pet food company – and I quote – “With the more problems we find, raw food will be accepted until it is no longer accepted.  We will do what we need to do to control companies if companies can’t control themselves.”

There it is. The entire problem for pet owners…FDA and all pet food regulatory authorities believe they they can ignore and even violate law because they know best what my pet should be eating. Wrong.

FDA and all State Department of Agriculture’s openly and aggressively bully the raw pet food industry while at the same time allowing all other styles of pet food to utilize illegal ingredients such as diseased and non-slaughtered animals. Law is clear – no matter how many times a dead decomposing animal is processed…it still illegal to be included in pet food. Further, FDA, and all State Department of Agriculture’s openly cooperate with AAFCO to prevent public access to the legal definitions of pet food ingredients. These are both direct violations of law.

There are clear pet food double standards and it must end today. I am writing you to asking for consistent regulation of all laws with all styles of pet food. No more picking and choosing what law you’ll enforce and with who. I am writing you to asking for consistent testing of all styles of pet food. I am writing you asking for a response fully explaining (in detail) how you are going to accomplish this. Further, I am asking for public access to all AAFCO pet food ingredient definitions, Freedom of Information rights require this.

I leave you with one question that I would like a response to as well as a response to above. How does FDA and all State Department of Agriculture expect for any USDA inspected and passed meat to be clean of pathogenic bacteria when YOU allow the livestock animal to consume poop. The 2018 AAFCO Official Publication contains SEVEN processed animal poop feed ingredients. Have you ever considered that the waste YOU allow in animal feed IS the actual cause of the pathogenic bacteria common to raw meat? Perhaps you should. Does FDA and all State Department of Agriculture agencies ever test livestock feed – especially those feed that include up to 50% chicken poop – for pathogenic bacteria? Perhaps you should. You can’t allow livestock animals to consume poop and expect the meat to be clean.

Please read the above articles (I only posted snippets).  What was done to this company is sickening.  This world has gone stark raving mad.  Consumer choice is no longer existent.  Even if you don't feed raw--do you not believe that someone else has the right to choose this path? 

• Desmond the Ragdoll, Duma the Savannah, and Baby Bobbie Dylan child of the mean streets, poetess and occasional musician.
I think it's fixed now

Offline Rebecca

• Global Moderator
  • Every day is a new start
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
Re: RadCat officially closes its doors...sad day
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:29:13 pm »
I believe RadCat has started a gofundme page to maybe fight back Eric had commented on their facebook page.
I think it is disgusting how the FDA treat the raw or alternative pet food companies.
  • Freyr, Freya, Rune, MonAmi, and Blaise

Ragdoll Cats United!

Re: RadCat officially closes its doors...sad day
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:29:13 pm »

Tags: