Author Topic: Kittens  (Read 553 times)

Offline Katten

• Hi, I'm new here!
  • About me: Prospective owner
Kittens
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:46:29 am »
Hello!
Me and my family are thinking of getting two ragdoll kittens. My wife has had several housecats but they have all been outdoor cats. I'm wondering how active ragdoll kittens are during the night? Is it possible to get a full nights sleep with two indoor kittens or will they keep us and the neighbours living downstairs awake?
Best regards from Sweden
  • Musk turtle

Offline Desi

• Global Moderator
  • tired lol
    • RagdollsUnited.com
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
Re: Kittens
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 04:11:02 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

All cats are different, all people are different, and all have different tolerances.  But one thing is sure: all kittens are active.  As the kittens mature, they will take their cues from you.  If you keep regular bedtime hours, they will do so, too.

You'll have to experiment and see what you can deal with and what you can't.  Most cats tend to be crepuscular, meaning, they tend to be more active at dusk and dawn and are less active in the middle of the night and middle of the day.

If you have hardwood floors and thin walls, you may want to get some carpet to soften the noise from charging kitten feet.  Or maybe consider adopting two older cats?  My older Ragdoll isn't nearly as active as a kitten, in fact it's hard to get him riled up sometimes.

• Desmond the Ragdoll, Duma the Savannah, and Baby Bobbie Dylan child of the mean streets, poetess and occasional musician.

Ragdoll Cats United!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 04:11:02 pm »
Your Ad Here

Offline Rebecca

• Global Moderator
  • Every day is a new start
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:52:06 pm »
Well as someone who has usually adopted two at a time. Kittens are ambunsious.  Desi is correct if you keep a bedtime routine you can get almost a nights sleep with kittens. I always feed before bed. When mine were younger we would do a vigours playtime about hour before bed then fed their wet food.  That would usually work until early morning. Then we would try to ignore them, until we were ready to get up. Sometimes they would cuddle other times I would put them out of the bedroom. They well eventually calm down and sleep through the night or go find quiet mischief to get into.
  • Freyr, Freya, Rune, MonAmi, and Blaise

Offline Codysmom

• Global Moderator
  • Mum to Cody, Fozzy, Katy & Mittens!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 09:30:04 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)
You've received good advice already, however, my last two Ragdolls I got 2 littermates together and I found I had no problem with them. And I find now that that they're older they tend to play in the morning and during the day. Most evenings they settle down when we do and go to sleep. So I can honestly say I haven't had any problems. 
  • 3 Raggies, 1 moggie (Ragdoll wannabee) and a mini doxie!

Tags: