Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 4322 times)

Offline HelenMac

Help Please
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:41:44 am »
I need to find a large kibble to feed the boys.  Both now when they eat the Royal Canin ragdoll kibble swallow it whole then spew back up the whole biscuits.  So want to find a larger kibble to feed them that makes them chew.   I do feed the dental as treats but read shouldn't feed it to them long term.   So wondering what else there is.  Did look at the maincoon but presume it would be too rich for them.  Any ideas please.   
  • Shadow and Zimba

Offline Ragsmomma

Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:31:57 pm »
A suggestion - check with wherever you guy their food for sizes.  I use blue buffalo limited ingredient and it is a small kibble.  It does come back up without being chewed.  I don't know about what sizes kibbles are but places like Chewy's or your pet shops should be able to tell you what you need to know.  Good luck.

Sue
  • Rags, Beau & Jamie

Ragdoll Cats United!

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:31:57 pm »

Offline Codysmom

• Global Moderator
  • Mum to Cody, Katy and Wesley
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:56:12 pm »
I think the Maine Coon kibble should be fine Helen, both the Ragdoll and Maine Coon are large breed cats and I think their nutritional needs are very similar. I wouldn't feel bad giving it to them.
  • 3 Raggies and a mini doxie!

Offline Rebecca

• Global Moderator
  • Every day is a new start
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 04:57:16 pm »
Want my honest opinion - it's all the same food just packaged differently to make choices even more complicated than it needs to be.
Feed raw - they will have to chew. (I know not an option for everyone)
  • Freyr, Freya, Rune, MonAmi, and Blaise

Offline Desi

• Global Moderator
  • tired lol
    • RagdollCatsUnited.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 08:06:18 pm »
Want my honest opinion - it's all the same food just packaged differently to make choices even more complicated than it needs to be.
Feed raw - they will have to chew. (I know not an option for everyone)

Raw chicken necks...my kits just go nuts for them, and chewing the raw bones and cartilage is great for their teeth. I also treat them with the pointy end of chicken wings (also raw) when iím Cooking.
  • Desmond the Ragdoll, Duma the Savannah, and Baby Bobbie Dylan child of the mean streets, poetess and occasional musician.
I think it's fixed now

Offline Rebecca

• Global Moderator
  • Every day is a new start
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
Raw chicken necks...my kits just go nuts for them, and chewing the raw bones and cartilage is great for their teeth. I also treat them with the pointy end of chicken wings (also raw) when iím Cooking.

When we move East to Cape Breton in about 5 years, I hope to have my own chickens and a place to feed raw again. Hard to say how the Hooligans will react to raw again.  They will be
  • Freyr, Freya, Rune, MonAmi, and Blaise

Offline HelenMac

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 05:56:05 am »
Well my boys definately prefer Maine Coon kibble to ragdoll lol.  All I hear is crunch crunch when they eat.  From day one I mixed Maine Coon with Ragdoll and they pick out and eat the Maine Coon and leave the Ragdoll.   I still have 6kg Ragdoll kibble left so will sell it as even Shadow is eating the Maine Coon freely on his own.   :D 
  • Shadow and Zimba

Ragdoll Cats United!

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 05:56:05 am »

Tags: