Author Topic: Having fun editing my photos!  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Codysmom

• Global Moderator
  • Mum to Cody, Katy and Wesley
  • About me: Owned by a Ragdoll
Having fun editing my photos!
« on: January 28, 2017, 11:15:29 am »
You who like to photograph your pets probably have experienced this too. You have everything ready take what you hope will be the perfect shot and...then they move!!!! Spoiling the whole shot.

I've had this a number of times and for some unknown reason still kept the pics uploaded without deleting them.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to fix them up, without anyone being able to notice I had (if I was able to) and I was pretty happy with the results.

BEFORE:
(Fozzy moved from my lighting, making it a rather dark spot, but I thought I'd try anyway, I had my camera mounted on my tripod and just as I took the photo he lifted his head)

AFTER:
After combining 3 photos and correcting the lighting...

BEFORE:
There was this one too, he was playing and moved too quickly and his ears got chopped off! Honestly I could have cried, it would have been such a lovely pic of him.

AFTER:
I combined about 3 photos here and I think managed to get his whole sweet expression back. I'm really happy, as those of you who know my cats, Fosco can be rather challenging to photograph as he's soooo relaxed and doesn't often open his eyes for the camera. Lol :D

• 3 Raggies and a mini doxie!

Offline Desi

• Global Moderator
  • tired lol
    • RagdollCatsUnited.com
Re: Having fun editing my photos!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:56:09 pm »
These are genius!  (and a gorgeous boy lol)  One day I'll have to figure out how to do that too, they *always* move just as I click!
  • Desmond the Ragdoll, Duma the Savannah, and Baby Bobbie Dylan child of the mean streets, poetess and occasional musician.
I think it's fixed now

Ragdoll Cats United!

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:56:09 pm »

Offline Codysmom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »
These are genius!  (and a gorgeous boy lol)  One day I'll have to figure out how to do that too, they *always* move just as I click!

Thanks so much! :)
That's why it helps having loads and loads of pics, I was able to find some with the same or similar angles and that's what helped me putting them together. LOL!  :D

Offline HelenMac

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:33 am »
Stunning pictures you wouldn't have guessed you had edited the pictures.
  • Shadow and Zimba

Offline Linda

• Global Moderator
  • A house is not a home without a furbaby...or SIX!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:53:13 am »
Colleen, seeing your pictures always brings a huge smile to my face! You have an incredible and amazing talent that I can only envy. I've seen the magic that you can create first hand, with my own pictures and have always been blown away. You take crappy second rate photos and make them look like they were staged and created in a professional studio. What you do is truly amazing. I'm so happy that you took a moment to show your before and after edit photos, so that others can also appreciate the magic of your talent.
I always feel badly for my seemingly redundant comments about your stunning work, but even though the verbiage is typically the same (and truthful), the sentiment behind it is always newly meant! Never stop sharing your talents with your friends. You are literally spreading smiles! :) :) :) :)
  • Lady Truffles of Sugarland (TRUFFLES) 1/1/2012, Lady Taffanella of Garland (AKA TAFFY) 4/1/2013. King Tutankhamun (AKA TUT) 2/1/2015. Sir Simon Sez (AKA SIMON) 10/1/2005, Princess SashaLoo (AKA SASHA) 4/5/2019, Sir Zeus (AKA ZEUS) 10/12/2017

Offline Codysmom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 08:35:57 pm »
Thanks Helen and Linda for your kind words. To be honest I like to take time out sometimes and do a bit of photo editing, I find it relaxes me after a busy day. It's always nice to have one's work appreciated, and especially here where I know and love each other's furbabies from afar.
Also to encourage you to keep trying with your photos, I make loads of mistakes too, but by practising a lot, it's helped me improve over the years. So please do post your furbabies, I for one miss seeing them. :)

Offline Teresa

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 01:30:35 pm »
You always do a wonderful job with photos.  I'm the lazy sort - I take a pic and just keep taking until I get what I want. I don't have the time and patience it takes to photoshop them. You do a brilliant job at it though.

Offline my3girls

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 01:02:35 am »
Colleen I totally agree with the others regarding your photography skills. Let me add that not only must you have the patience of a Saint, but that you are also extremely gifted! Some of us -ME- don't even get the camera/cell phone up to the point where I can do the "click" without the girls RUNNING, RUNNING, RUNNING away. Noli acts like the cell phone is a demon!!! Pips is a little better, but I just don't think animal photography is meant for everyone. Your pictures are AMAZING - always. I love viewing them. 
  • Charlotte my big redhead (rescue horse), Noli seal bicolor Ragdoll, Pippa blue mitted Ragdoll

Offline Codysmom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 03:50:14 pm »
Thanks so much Teresa and Ondrea. I find it very relaxing working on and editing my pics. It doesn't take me very long, perhaps an hour or two if it's really a LOT of editing, otherwise I can manage it in less than an hour.
Some do knitting or sewing for relaxation, I love photography and editing. LOL!

Thank you all again for your kind words, I truly do appreciate having other kitty loving friends to share my work with! :) xo

Ragdoll Cats United!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 03:50:14 pm »

Tags: